In this video, I’ll be showing you my method for making videos ads for dropshipping & e-commerce. This method does not require any real editing skills and is relatively cheap compared to other methods of making original video content.
- Original video content works the best
- Send products to 3-5 people who can record content
- Split content into 4-second clips
- Compile it together and add subs with Animoto (paid software but makes it easy)
- Easy testing by changing first content block (first 3 seconds)
- Search for “product video” “product demo” gigs and send a custom inquiry explaining exactly what you need.
- If you have specific requirements for actors, you can search “model” “video model”, find an actor that fits your requirements and send a custom inquiry
- For certain products are a better way to go because they have experience making videos i.e. makeup
- Reach out to influencers on Instagram explaining what you need. You can arrange a collab where they post on their feed and use the content but this will be more costly
- Often times you can negotiate a much lower price for the content if they don’t have to post it on their feed. Avoid influencers with mgmt.
- If the product doesn’t require actors, you can just order it and shoot video content yourself.
- If the product requires actors, reach out to friends & family to find people who can help you
Writing Video Script
- Simple, short, easy-to-read captions for each 4-second video
- First few lines should grab viewers attention with social proof i.e. “Everyone is talking about this!” and show the problem your product solves
- Make it seem like it’s a viral video on FB, not an ad
- Explain how it solves their problem
- Captions should match what’s going on in the video
- Look at competitors to see what’s working for them
- End with a CTA, something like “Tag a friend” or “Get yours now by clicking the link below”. I usually go with “Tag a friend who needs this”
Making Video Ad
- Unless you’re an experienced video editor, I recommend Animoto with “Clean Cut” style
- Easy to use, and easy to modify existing ads
- Split content you got from Fiverr or influencers into short 4-6 second clips. Ideally, you want about 8 clips to work with. This will give you room to test different combinations.
- Fast paced clips. I usually split up and speed up the video using InShot on my phone but you can use any video editor
- Try to match the music to the first transition
- The ideal length is 30-50 seconds
- Animoto offers a watermark but I don’t use it because it’s easy to cover. I add a large 30% opacity watermark in the center of the video afterward. I use InShot on my phone to do this
- Test different leading clips for your ad. These make the most impact.
- Design custom thumbnails with a text bar at the top (the kind you see on viral FB videos) that catches your attention
- Even if you can’t afford to get content made for you, you can use this method with content you find online. It always helps to use different/better ads than competitors, even if it’s not original content.