In this video, I cover the main strategy changes that I think you should implement in order to dropship profitably in 2019. The dropshipping space is evolving very quickly and it’s important to stay ahead of the curve if you want to be successful.
- Move towards a niche or one product store strategy to differentiate yourself from the mass of sellers
- General stores don’t convert as well due to the number of people that have had bad experiences with similar stores in 2017/2018
- Place increased focus on store design to avoid being perceived as just another dropshipping store or a “scam store”
Focusing More on Branding
- Easier to do when you have one or a set of products in a well-defined niche
- Transition to a private label brand as soon as possible
- Use lifestyle imagery for your products, sell a lifestyle with your product
- Use micro-influencers to generate content
- Strive to offer faster shipping times and better customer service
- Example: HiSmile
- Don’t focus only on FB ads, look into influencers, google ads, press releases… etc.
- FB ad costs will likely keep increasing, can combat this by using multi-channel funnels
- Example 1: Reach someone initially on Facebook then retarget them with YouTube pre-roll ads
- Example 2: Reach someone initially through IG influencers, then have a funnel for IG engagement on FB ads